Personal Information Collected
- When a visitor registers an account, uses services, or makes a purchase, he or she voluntarily shares certain Personal Information with us.
- The user can provide us with additional Personal Information (e.g., regarding his or her employment history, notable skills and work interests) when the user views and interacts with our features, and functionality, including the posting of profiles and cover letters.
Tracking Technology (Cookies)
- Get Cover Letter uses tracking technologies such as cookies and other similar technologies to measure usage and provide information that will be of most interest to the user.
- Get Cover Letter can collect additional information from the user if he or she accesses our Site through a mobile device.
Access and Review Options
- The user can change information at any time by editing their profile, updating or deleting content that they have posted, or by closing the account.
- Get Cover Letter will retain certain information if required by law.
1. Scope and Consent
2. Information We Collect
a) Registration, Product and Account Information: The user can browse the Site without telling us who the user is or revealing any Personal Information (e.g., name, email address, credit card information). If the user registers for an account with us, posts a cover letter, creates an account using our platform, or use some of our products and services like the Cover Letter Builder and Cover Letter Tips, he or she chooses to give us the Personal Information and is not anonymous to us. When the visitor registers an account or uses our products and services, creates a profile, builds a cover letter, searches for or purchases products, creates an email account on the Website, or otherwise engages with our Site, he or she can provide certain Personal Information (e.g., username and e-mail address). The user can also provide payment information (e.g., credit or debit card information, name and billing address) to purchase products and services. Personal Information is only associated with the user’s account/profile when he or she is signed in as a registered user.
b) Mobile Information: we can collect additional information from the user if he or she accesses Get Cover Letter site through a mobile device.
c) Technical Usage Information: When the user visits the Get Cover Letter website, we collect usage information sent to us by the computer, mobile, or other access device that tells us how the user is using the Site, including site views. We use tracking technologies to collect usage information. We can use tracking technologies for a variety of purposes, including:
Operationally-Necessary. We can use tracking technologies required for system administration, to prevent fraudulent activity, and improve security. We are not required to obtain consent for tracking technologies that are operationally necessary.
Functionality-Related. We can use tracking technologies to tell us, for example, whether the user have visited the Site before or if he or she is a new visitor and to help us identify the features in which the user has the greatest interest.
Targeting-Related. We can use tracking technologies to deliver content, including ads that are relevant to the interests on our online service and third-party sites based on how the user interacts with our advertisements or content, as well as track the content the user accesses.
Information we collect can be shared with:
a) The Provider Corporate Family and Other Third Parties: We can share the information we collect about the user with the Provider corporate family (our affiliates as well as with third party suppliers. The information can be disclosed (i) to provide joint content and our products and services (e.g., registration, transactions, employment or education opportunities, analytics and customer support); (ii) to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, violations of our policies, fraud and/or data security breaches; and (iii) to guide decisions about our Provider or third party’s products, sites, applications, services, tools, and communications.
b) Service Providers and Other Third Parties: We can disclose the user’s information to service providers under contract who help with our business operations (including, but not limited to, fraud investigations, bill collection, payment processing, and site analytics and operations). Also, we share information with our third-party payment processors.
c) Legal and Law Enforcement: Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that can expose us, you, or any other Provider user to legal liability. In such events, we will only disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, e-mail address, user ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and anything else we deem relevant to the investigation.
4. The User’s Choices
Creation of User’s Account and Log-in:
a) A User can create an account by registering with their email address or using their social media accounts (Facebook / Linkedin / Google).
b) To log into their account, a user should either use the method they used for registration, or they can add their social media accounts to their Get Cover Letter profile and use different methods for logging in.
A User can choose a trial period. After the trial period ends, Get Cover Letter may automatically charge the User at the end of the Trial period (and e.g each month/year/quarter thereafter depending on your subscription plan) unless the User notifies us that they want to cancel their subscription at email@example.com. The payment for the trial period can not be refunded. A User can also skip the trial period and choose the full subscription when registering.
Update/Delete or Change the User’s Content:
a) Deletion of User’s Content: A User can delete any letter from their Cover Letter Library by moving your cursor to the letter and clicking on the Delete button. The letter can be restored neither by the User nor by the Get Cover Letter support team.
b) Cancelation of User’s Subscription: Get Cover Letter may automatically charge you at the end of the Trial usage period (and e.g each month/year/quarter thereafter depending on your subscription plan) unless you notify us that you want to cancel your subscription at firstname.lastname@example.org. When unsubscribed, the User can restore their subscription at any time by logging in into their account and paying for the next month (to get the Trial period price is not possible).
c) Deletion of User’s Account: to delete their account, a User has to notify Get Cover Letter at email@example.com. After the deletion, neither User’s letters, nor any of their data and information can be restored.
When the user requests that the account be deleted, the Personal Information, including cover letter and profile will be deleted and no longer available to him or her or visible to users from Provider Applications. However,if any of the user’s information, including the Personal Information, was previously accessed by others using Provider Applications, we are unable to delete the information from their systems. When the user removes the information on Provider Applications we will retain logs and non-personally identifiable information about the user along with an archival copy of the information, which is not accessible by they or third parties on Provider Applications but which may be used by us for recordkeeping and internal purposes, including enforcing this Policy and demographic, reporting and research purposes.
5. Tracking Technologies (Cookies)
A few additional important things the user should know about our use of tracking technologies (cookies):
- We can offer certain features that are available only through the use of tracking technologies.
- We use both session and persistent tracking technologies. Tracking technologies (e.g., cookies) can either be persistent (i.e., they remain on the computer until the user deletes them) or temporary (i.e., they last only until the user closes the browser). The user is always free to disable tracking technologies if the user’s browser permits, although doing so can interfere with the user’s use of the Site. Refer to the help section of your browser, browser extensions, or installed applications for instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling tracking technologies such as cookies.
- We encode and protect the tracking technologies that the Provider sets, so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. The user can encounter tracking technologies/cookies from our third party service providers that we have allowed on our Site that assist us with various aspects of our Site operations and services, such as Google Analytics.
- The user can also encounter tracking technologies from third parties on certain pages of the websites that we do not control and have not authorized. (For example, if the user views a web page created by another user, there can be a cookie placed by that web page).
6. Information Security
Get Cover Letter maintains technical, physical, and administrative security measures designed to protect the security of the user’s Personal Information against loss, misuse, unauthorized or accidental access, disclosure, copying, use or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, information access authorization controls and other measures in accordance with industry standards. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is totally secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
7. Notification Regarding Updates.